Today, we’re introducing SeamlessM4T, the first all-in-one multimodal and multilingual AI translation model that allows people to communicate effortlessly through speech and text across different languages. SeamlessM4T supports:
- Speech recognition for nearly 100 languages
- Speech-to-text translation for nearly 100 input and output languages
- Speech-to-speech translation, supporting nearly 100 input languages and 36 (including English) output languages
- Text-to-text translation for nearly 100 languages
- Text-to-speech translation, supporting nearly 100 input languages and 35 (including English) output languages
The open source library is available on GitHub and you can also get the model itself on HuggingFace. The nicest thing about all of this is that, unlike existing translation services, you can run it entirely offline and perform the inference on local compute.