So, here is my own expansion to Paul’s script, which adds the following:
* Outputs a remediation command to REBUILD each relevant index with ROW compression.
* The script has parameters for:
– Minimum number of compression attempts
– Maximum success rate percentage
– Index rebuild options
* The script outputs additional details such as:
– Whether the index/table in question is partitioned or not.
– Range-scan percentage
– Leaf-level updates percentage
* It runs the check for ALL accessible and writeable databases.
Click through for the script.