The OAC environment that Opal gave me access possessed an example schema/data based on an Audio-Video store revenue for multiple years.
I’d never worked with the OAC before, but I was quickly able to find five methods to connect Power BI to it, either to import or to direct connect to the data:
1. Data Direct makes a Rest API to connect to the Oracle Cloud.
2. Use the web interface with Power BI and “scrape the website”, allowing PBI to build the table from example.
3. Connect with an ODBC driver
4. Via the OAC interface, export to Excel and then import into Power BI
5. Via the OAC interface, export to a table and then import into Power BI as a CSV file.
So, uh, yeah, you can do it. At least five ways.