In this example, you build a solution that allows Active Directory users to seamlessly access Amazon EMR clusters and run big data jobs. Here’s what you need before setting up this solution:
- An AWS account
- An Amazon EC2 key pair
- A possible limit increase for your account (Note: Usually a limit increase will not be necessary. See the AWS Service Limits documentation if you encounter a limit error while building the solution.)
To make it easier for you to get started, I created AWS CloudFormation templates that automatically configure and deploy the solution for you. The following steps and resources are involved in setting up the solution:
- Create and configure an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
- Launch an Amazon EC2 Windows instance (Active Directory domain controller).
- Create an Amazon EMR security configuration for Kerberos and cross-realm trust.
- Launch an Amazon EMR cluster with Kerberos enabled and a cross-realm trust configuration.
You can use the AWS CloudFormation templates to complete each step individually, or you can deploy the entire solution through a single step.
Read the whole thing.