If you have been following this series, you should have:
– a basic understanding of Terraform
– a Kubernetes cluster that you can connect to using kubectl
– a basic understanding of Kubernetes services
– a working metalLB load balancer
– a basic understanding of how storage works in the world of Kubernetes
– a Kubernetes storage solution in the form of PX Store, alternatively you can use any solution (for the purposes of this series) which supports persistent volumes, however to use the backup solution in part 9 of the series you will need to use something that supports CSI
From here, Chris explains the importance of the data controller and then deploys one.