This blog post explores how event streaming with Apache Kafka provides a scalable, reliable, and efficient infrastructure to make gamers happy and Gaming companies successful. Various use cases and architectures in the gaming industry are discussed, including online and mobile games, betting, gambling, and video streaming.
– Real-time analytics and data correlation of game telemetry
– Monetization network for real-time advertising and in-app purchases
– Payment engine for betting
– Detection of financial fraud and cheating
– Chat function in games and cross-games
– Monitor the results of live operations like weekend events or limited time offers
– Real-time analytics on metadata and chat data for marketing campaigns
It’s an interesting overview of where this platform fits in the industry.