This is where we start the decline phase in our story. Our temporary procedures existed as a bridge from the old procedures which took
ClientIDand new procedures which will take
ProfileID. With our final versions of procedures, we replace
@ProfileIDin the input parameters and update any conditional logic within filters to use
The only remaining use of
ClientIDin these procedures is as an output in select statements, as we still need that for the old code; by this time, all of those references are
ProfileID AS ClientID. Otherwise, these new procedures are built around
We still have the original procedures that the application code uses and they reference our now-finalized procedures. These procedures are now transition procedures—we need them right now but as we move application code over to the new procedures, we can deprecate these. But I’m getting ahead of myself a little bit.
Click through for the full story as well as a bunch of pictures which completely understate the vastness of work done.