The scripts I ran to edit the rest of the databases looked similar to the below:
12 ALTER DATABASE msdb MODIFY FILE ( NAME = ‘MSDBDat’ , FILENAME = ‘M:\MSSQL\Data\MSDBDat.mdf’ );ALTER DATABASE msdb MODIFY FILE ( NAME = ‘MSDBLog’ , FILENAME = ‘L:\MSSQL\Logs\MSDBLog.ldf’ );
Once I finished altering all of my database files to their new locations, I stopped the SQL Server Service in Services. I copied and pasted all MDF and LDF files to their correlated new destinations and then started the SQL Server Service once more.
That’s when I ran into the interesting issue of “Recovery in a Pending state”. Some digging and sleuthing brought me back to my scripts.
Read on for those causes.