Here are the main attributes of the sample set:
- There are 1 200 000 documents
- Documents are distributed on 4000 logical partitions with 300 documents per logical partition
- %33 of documents (i.e. 400 000 documents) have a location node with a geospatial “point” in there
- Points are scattered uniformly on the geospatial rectangle
- There are no correlation between the partition key and the geospatial point coordinates
We ran the tests with 4 different Request Units (RUs) configurations:
Read on for the test results and his findings.