In my lab I had installed SQL 2016 on a server running Server 2016 TP5 which expired so I needed to re-install Windows and therefore needed to restore all of my user databases again. This was so easy using the dbatools module that I thought it was worth sharing to show how easy your disaster recovery process could be.
Having re-installed Windows and SQL and copied the backup files back to the server (although I could have used a network location), I then had to restore all of the user databases.
This is how I restored all of my user databases using the dbatools module command Restore-SQLBackupFromDirectory
Read on for the answer, as well as a warning that the upcoming dbatools 1.0 release may change some things.