I finally did it. I created a function I’ve been wanting to be able to use for *years*. Test-RsRestItemDataSource is here.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve started to work on a report I was told was working, only to find the connection info was invalid. This wastes valuable time, especially when you’ve already made changes to the report.
Other times, I’ve been asked to figure out why a bunch of subscriptions weren’t working, only to find out it was a simple connection issue. I’ve always wanted a simple PowerShell command to check the credentials of a bunch of reports before I touch anything.
Turns out, it wasn’t that hard to build at all. I only wish I had built it years ago.
Click through to see an example of this, as well as two more cmdlets.