Could Not Find Function rxSqlUpdateLibPaths

Kevin Feasel

2017-11-01

R

I ran into an error after installing SQL Server 2017:

After installation completed, the DBA enabled SQL Server 2017 Machine Learning Services, but as soon as I tried to run a simple R script, it stalled for about 30 seconds and then I got an error:

Msg 39012, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Unable to communicate with the runtime for ‘R’ script. Please check the requirements of ‘R’ runtime.
STDERR message(s) from external script:
Error: could not find function “rxSqlUpdateLibPaths”
Execution halted

Click through for the solution.

Related Posts

Web Analytics With R

Maelle Salmon performs some analysis on the Locke Data blog: Often, the URL of a blog post can be guessed based on its title, e.g. this one can be read here. But even if the transition from the Markdown file information to an URL is logical, it was best to get URLs from the in situ blog posts, […]

Read More

Using stringr To Remove HTML

I have a quick post on removing HTML markup with stringr: This is a quick post today on removing HTML tags using the stringr package in R. My purpose here is in taking some raw data, which can include HTML markup, and preparing it for a vectorizer.  I don’t need the resulting output to look […]

Read More

Categories

November 2017
MTWTFSS
« Oct Dec »
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930