Ed Elliott has been working on a very interesting project:
What does this do?
Unblock-File *.ps1 – removes a flag that windows puts on files to stop them being run if they have been downloaded over the internet.
.\ContinuousDeploymentFTW.ps1 – runs the install script which actually:
- Downloads chocolatey
- Installs git
- Installs Jenkins 2
- Guides you how to configure Jenkins
- Creates a local git repo
- Creates a SSDT project which is configured with a test project and ssdt and all the references that normally cause people problems
- Creates a local Jenkins build which monitors your local git repo for changes
- When code is checked into the repo, the Jenkins job jumps into action and…
If you check into the default branch “master” then Jenkins:
- Builds the SSDT project
- Deploys the project to the unit test database
- Runs the tSQLt unit tests
- Generates a deployment script for the “production” database
and what you have there is continuous delivery in a box
Click through for a video where Ed shows how it all works.