Recently run into an issue that caused me spend more time trying figure out what to do that it did to fix it. I got a very simple ticket. Client reports that extra pages are being printed on SSRS report when it is being sent to a specific printer but other printers are fine, additionally printing to PDF is fine.
After some research, I found multiple articles online that talk about improper page and body setup that results in extra pages. Since I’m not used to working on SSRS report inside BIDS (Bussiness Intelligence Development Studio) which was a precursor to SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools), It took me for longer than I would expect to accomplish a simple task. Therefore I’m hoping the following screenshots will save someone (most likely me) time in fixing this issue.
Click through for screenshots.