Today, we’re announcing the release of the latest cumulative update (CU9) for SQL Server Big Data Clusters, which includes important capabilities:
– Support to configure BDC post deployment.
– Improved experience for encryption at rest.
– Ability to install Python packages at Spark job submission time.
– Upgraded software versions for most of our OSS components (Grafana, Kibana, FluentBit, etc.) to ensure Big Data Clusters images are up to date with the latest enhancements and fixes.
– Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
This announcement highlights some of the major improvements, provides additional context to better understand the design behind these capabilities, and points you to relevant resources to learn more and get started.
Click through for more detail on a few of the items.