That’s not good. I suspected this was because of the format of the file, so I added a row terminator.
BULK insert MyTable
with ( ROWTERMINATOR = ‘\r’)
That didn’t help. I suspected this was because of the terminators for some reason. I also tried the newline (\n) terminator, and both, but nothing worked.
Since I was worried about formatting, I decided to look at the file. My first choice here is XVI32, and when I opened the file, I could see that only a line feed (0x0A) was used.
Little annoyances like this make me more appreciative of Integration Services (and its mess of little annoyances…).